An opportunity has arisen for a mobile site chemist to join a leading waste management company in Kent. Your role as a mobile site chemist will be to organise collections form client sites, provide quotations to new and existing clients and ensure delivery to waste transfer sites for disposal. To be successful as a mobile site chemist you should ideally hold a chemistry or environmental science qualification, hold a full driving license and possess knowledge around COSSH & environmental legislation.
Mobile Site Chemist Responsibilities:
- Organising collections from clients sites, which includes segregation, labelling, packing and delivering to waste transfer sites for disposal.
- Providing quotations to customers.
- Complying with health and safety policies and procedures ensuring all requirements are met both on customers’ sites and at waste disposal sites.
- Maintaining a list of hazardous waste which requires collection and disposal.
Mobile Site Chemist Requirements:
- Degree or HND in a science based subject, preferably chemistry.
- Good knowledge of hazardous waste, ideally hold a COSHH qualification.
- Experience of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Must have a full driving licence.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with customers.
- Fork Lift Truck certification is desirable; however full training can be provided.
- Capable of working alone with limited supervision and a willingness to learn new skills.
Salary: £25k + Benefits - 22 days holiday to increase with length of service – Company pension – Life assurance – Healthcare cash plan- company bonus scheme
40 Hours per week