A forward thinking clean technology business is looking to expand its team with a driven, model based systems engineer within their process and product lifecycle department. You will play a pivotal part in defining & modelling both client and internal system architecture and carry out activities throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
To be successful you should hold a masters or PhD qualification within a relevant scientific or engineering discipline and possess commercial, full product lifecycle experience.
Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Developing System and Subsystem requirements and architectures to meet the stakeholder needs.
- Developing verification and validation (V&V) plans for systems and subsystems.
- Engaging with discipline leads, senior engineers and project management to manage requirements and interfaces.
- Writing reports and presenting work to internal and external customers, facilitating design reviews.
- Ensuring Systems Engineering processes are implemented and maintained.
Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Hold a Masters or PhD in a science or engineering subject.
- Commercial, full lifecycle experience in a relevant discipline (e.g. Thermal, Mechanical, Chemical, Controls/Electronics).
- Good physical systems or product design knowledge and understanding.
- Understanding of systems engineering processes and best practices.
- Clear understanding of Verification and Validation methodologies.
- Possess experience in defining and modelling system architectures.
- Experience using a commercial requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS, Cognition Cockpit) or SysML tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
Competitive Salary + Benefits – 25 Days Holiday – Company Pension Contribution – Life Assurance
Working Hours: 37½ per Week – Flexible
Job Ref: 5683