A growing medical device company requires a Molecular Biologist to join its R&D team. Your role will involve applying molecular biology techniques to develop downstream molecular assays. To be considered, you will hold a PhD in Molecular Biology (or a related subject) or be educated to degree level with commercial lab experience. It is essential that you have working knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
Molecular Biologist Responsibilities:
- Hands-on laboratory work, primarily in the area of molecular biology;
- Provide scientific and technical support to programmes and projects;
- Timely reporting of progress on projects and on metrics to monitor and mitigate risk and to ensure product deadlines are met;
- Manage the day to day running of assigned development projects within the Quality Management System (ISO13485) and working to the New Product Development (NPD) operating procedure;
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills, work ethic and attention to detail.
- PhD in Life Sciences, or a 2:1 BSc in Life Sciences, with at least 3 years post-graduate experience in molecular biology, preferably gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in diagnostic assay development/validation;
- Demonstrated expertise and hands-on competency in qRT-PCR, mutation analysis, and next generation sequencing is essential;
- Molecular assay development experience is essential;
- Experience working to strict quality standards such as Medical Device regulations and standards including, but not limited to, 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, 93/42/EEC, IVD 98/79EC, ISO14971, GMP, GLP, QSR;
- Organisational skills and the ability to rapidly prioritise tasks in response to unexpected opportunities or risks;
- Manage and deliver product development projects to agreed performance specifications, on time and within budget
Salary circa £30k
Job Ref: 5880