A growing biotech company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced laboratory technician to join its team. You will support across a range of lab functions but your key duties will be focused on molecular processes including fermentation, strain engineering and process optimization. Ideally, you will have a minimum of a BSc in a biological science but equivalent experience will be considered. You must have proven experience working in a commercial lab environment.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Your duties as the laboratory technician will be varied; however, the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Liaise with other research molecular biologists, process engineers and product development scientists to understand the biology requirements, enabling you to develop the processes and assays.
- Design and conduct all the experiments
- Perform fermentations, engineer and develop strains, as well as pre-processing downstream processing equipment,
- Document all experimental work,
- Maintaining and preparing equipment within the laboratory.
- Proven laboratory experience, ideally gained within an industrial lab environment
- A relevant university degree in biological, chemical or environmental sciences is advantageous. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Thin layer chromatography and UV/VIS spectrophotometry based methods are advantageous.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – evidence of technical writing and presentation capability. Ability to document experiments and procedures well.
- Excellent project management skills –evidence of successfully managing multiple technical and time-constrained projects. Great multitasker.
- Excellent team skills and temperament – person able to contribute to additional activities within the team as required.
- Strong work ethic –prepared to put in extra hours when then are really needed.
This is a unique opportunity to join the team at a very exciting stage of growth.
Salary £23k - £27k
Job Ref: 6253