An opportunity has arisen for a recent PhD Chemist to join a leading organisation in the composite materials market. As a PhD chemist you will work as part of the research and technology team carrying out research experiments into new composite adhesive and carbon fibre materials. In addition to this you will have the opportunity to lead small development projects under the guidance of the senior chemists and management team.
To be successful as a PhD chemist you should hold a PhD in Chemistry or closely related discipline possess a keen interest in research and ideally have a sound knowledge of composite materials.
PhD Chemist Responsibilities:
- Designing and conducting experiments to research new composite and adhesive materials.
- Characterisation of resin adhesive and composite properties using physicochemical spectroscopic mechanical and microscopic methods.
- Generate results data to introduce new materials to customers or applications.
- Contribute to the development of laboratory and test facilities by working in continuous improvement teams.
- Lead small projects under guidance of senior chemists as part of larger product development activities.
PhD Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a PhD in Chemistry or closely related discipline from a recognised university.
- Possess a keen interest in research and ideally have a sound knowledge of composite materials.
- Practical laboratory experience is essential coupled with a knowledge of chemical structures and basic organic chemistry.
- Competent to undertake own research into new material development with minimal guidance.
- Practical experience of DSC testing would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well within a team.
Competitive Salary + Benefits – Bonus – 25 Days holidays – Pension Contribution – Subsidised Canteen – Free on-site parking
Job Ref: 6134