An opportunity has arisen for an environmental science or chemistry graduate to join a leading waste management company as a plant chemist. Based at their site in Coventry you will be responsible for ensuring the treatment plant is operating effectively and safely, some duties to include: treat incoming loads of waste materials, ensure compliance with H&S and environmental regulations and support in the development and improvement of site processes & procedures.
- Assist with all site operations, mainly in the treatment of waste materials and site maintenance.
- Treat incoming loads in a timely fashion and ensure that records are kept up to date and complete.
- Ensure the plant is operated in a safe and efficient manner, the correct Personal Protective Equipment is used and the Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to.
- Help ensure that all site activities are carried out in full compliance with the Company’s S.H.E. policies and all Health, Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
- Assist in the development and improvement of site activities, processes and procedures.
- Ideally educated to degree level within a relevant scientific discipline: Chemistry or Environmental Science.
- Desire to learn and aspirations to progress within a career in the waste industry.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to work in a team and individually.
Salary: £20k increasing to £23k on completion of NVQ Lv4 in Treatment of Hazardous Waste - Benefits - 22 days holiday to increase with length of service.
40 Hours per week - on a shift pattern to be agreed.
Job Ref: 5472