A growing clean technology business is looking to appoint a principal engineer to head up a team of driven, innovative engineers. You will be the technical lead for software & controls engineering projects with the end goal of optimising performance of fuel cell systems.
To be successful you should hold a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD qualification within a relevant scientific or engineering discipline, possess a broad understanding of physical, chemical and engineering principles of fuel cell systems and expertise in high level programming.
Principal Engineer Responsibilities:
- Line management of Control, Electronics and Software Engineers.
- Recruitment of new staff, work allocation, coaching and support and ensuring output is of the right quality.
- Accountable for the technical leadership of control, software and electronics activities.
- Supervise control, software and electronic design process development.
- Manage IP
Principal Engineer Requirements:
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Broad understanding of physical, chemical and engineering principals of fuel cell systems.
- Experience of programming in a high-level language (Matlab/Simulink, C, C++).
- Detailed understanding of interactions between components and operating conditions in SOFCs.
- Detailed understanding of basic classical control design techniques.
- Strong project management expertise and delivery focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Development of system architectures to meet customer product requirements.
Additional skills to include:
- Define, update and track metrics for team performance.
- Prototyping and roll out of solutions.
- Problem solving and fault diagnostics.
- Planning, scheduling and costing.
- Work with customers and suppliers.
Competitive Salary + Benefits – 25 Days Holiday – Company Pension Contribution – Life Assurance
Working Hours: 37½ per Week – Flexible
Job Ref: 5685