An opportunity has arisen for a process chemist to join a specialist chemical manufacturing organisation in the West Midlands. As a process chemist you will be responsible of a range of manufacturing processes and development methods in order to optimise operation of pilot plant and production scale.
To be successful you should hold a relevant scientific qualification and possess commercial experience within a chemical process/manufacturing environment.
Process Chemist Responsibilities:
- Assume control of the chemical manufacturing processes.
- Liaison with other manufacturing / test areas, especially in the manufacture of hazardous and sensitive materials.
- Operation of plants on a pilot plant scale or production scale.
- Process monitoring and analysis.
- Computer control of safety critical manufacturing processes.
- Inventory management and test clearance of materials
- Health, Safety and Environmental monitoring routines.
Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to degree level in chemistry or closely related discipline.
- Possess commercial experience within a chemical process/manufacturing environment.
- A strong foundation in analytical chemistry techniques would be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of chemical safety and environmental impact is essential.
- Possess a methodical approach to your work with excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000 + Benefits – Pension Contribution – Free Parking – Subsidised Canteen – 25 Days Holiday
Working Hours: 37 hour week: Monday- Thursday 7:30 -15:30 + Friday 07:30 -14:30
Job Ref: 5714