A globally renowned personal care manufacturing business is currently recruiting for a Process Engineer to join its manufacturing department on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract, based in Ashford. As Process Engineer, you will play an important role in providing engineering support for the development of new innovative products on a pilot & industrial scale – whilst having the ability to assist with cost improvement projects.
Process Engineer Responsibilities
- Provides process engineering support for the development of innovative new products on a pilot and industrial scale, assists industrial trials assuring that protocols are communicated and understood by factory staff.
- Validates, in cooperation with Quality Engineering, new industrial process equipment to GMP standards, issues protocols in preparation for validation trials
- Supports plant quality programs focused on continuous improvement of existing industrial processes, and resolution of quality issues relate to product manufacture
- Assures that methods of manufacture are well defined and validated, develops programs to ensure manufacturing systems are in control and capable of meeting specification, assists local QC on identifying process control points
- Reviews state of the art manufacturing equipment and makes recommendations for improvement to operations
- Assists cost improvement projects related methods of manufacture and provides engineering expertise for all cost reduction programs
- Generating ideas to improve manufacturing methods based on chemical engineering principles.
Process Engineer Requirements
- You must possess a degree level qualification in Chemical Engineering or closely related field of study.
- It is essential to hold industrial experience working within a fast-paced manufacturing environment – ideally related to FMCG/Personal Care/Food or Pharmaceuticals.
- Exposure to tube and liquid experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma principles, experience with process validation principles and GMP regulations an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, manages multiple projects, work cross-functionally, and deliver against company business goals and objectives.
Competitive Salary + excellent company benefits
Job Ref: 6250