We are working with one of the largest global scientific companies, who require a Process Engineer to join their expanding engineering team in Basingstoke. The Process Engineer will help drive continuous improvement (CI) using LEAN techniques, safety and cost improvements within their manufacturing site. As the Process Engineer you will have experience within a manufacturing environment.
Reporting directly to the production manager, this role is the production manufacturing expert that enables the most efficient processes through available systems, such as process improvement events and process development.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Organise, implement and maintain production process flow
- Develop and manage working instructions, world class standards and process documents (SOPs) and ensure they are correct and understood by team members
- Continually improve the existing operation for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings
- Working with manufacturing sciences to investigate operational problems affecting production and implementing solutions
- Provide manufacturing data using sources such as log books, production control charts and batch manufacturing records to resolve issues without affecting productivity.
- Provide data on production control charts, reliability, process capability to improve the process and monitor and measure utilising Process improvement tools such as six sigma and LEAN manufacturing techniques
- Identify ways to reduce production costs through recommendations – e.g. new process equipment, equipment justification to improve performance, utilising the approved change control and capital expenditure processes
- Work with the engineering team to manage equipment development, including effective planned preventative maintenance by the operations teams
Process Engineer Required Experience:
- Experienced Process Engineer within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of GMP
- Drive for Results - High level of technical and leadership skills and the ability to train/coach others.
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and Process improvement experience - reduction of waste
- Problem Solving -Effective in technical and organisational troubleshooting to root cause.
Role: Process Engineer
Job Type: Permanent, Monday – Friday, 35 Hour working week
Package: £40k – £48k, Pension, Life assurance, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance,
Industry: Manufacturing GMP/ Scientific / Biotechnology / Medical Devices / Pharmaceutical
Job Ref: 5989