A multinational specialist chemicals company currently requires an EHS Specialist / Product Steward to join their team at their Berkshire based facility. As a key member of the group you will lead product stewardship activities and EHS support for the company’s business unit carrying out chemical registrations and dealing with complex customer and regulatory issues with minimum supervision
To succeed in this role you will be required to demonstrate expert knowledge of hazcom and chemical control regulations, working to defined projects to ensure that the company is in regulatory compliance and meets EHS requirements of internal/external customers.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Lead specified EHS support activities for the metalworking business unit, anticipating potential EHS issues and being proactive in mitigating risk.
• Demonstrate an expert level of knowledge & understanding of several international hazcom regulations, proposing solutions to difficult issues.
• Carry out substance registrations such as REACH without supervision.
• Answer complex customer inquiries with minimum supervision.
• Derive hazard classifications for substances and mixtures using various classification schemes such as OSHA Hazcom, GHS, DPD,WHMIS & international transport methodologies.
• Write Safety Data Sheets & Labels accurately for all product groups as necessary.
• Demonstrate an in depth knowledge on one or more hazcom related computer systems such as IUCLID, EcetocTRA, Safety Data Sheet algorithms, etc…
• Manage the trade secrecy registration programs to protect proprietary product content information.
• Monitor the development of international chemical legislation in designated countries.
• Deliver presentations to customers on hazcom topics.
• Work with competitors through trade associations and working groups, to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
• Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as necessary in all EHS areas including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Regulatory Affairs, Environmental, Site Safety & Process Safety.
• Degree qualified in Chemistry or a related subject
• Demonstrable product stewardship and regulatory abilities gained through experience in a related or comparable ole.
• Understand the chemistry, function and applications of additives & formulations of assigned product lines, pro-actively advising formulators of ways to reduce hazards and risks of products.
• Proven ability in being a team-player.
• Ability to work accurately, both independently and as a team leader to achieve deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Able to think analytically and focus on details.
• In depth understanding of chemistry and a working knowledge of toxicology, ecotoxicology and risk assessment.
• A clear understanding of the procedures for the protection of confidential business information.
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: 6565