Are you a recent graduate in chemistry (or a related subject) looking to gain experience working in a commercial laboratory environment?
Are you willing to relocate and work on the Isle of Man?
If so we are keen to hear from you.
A growing biopharmaceutical company currently require a Production Chemist to join their state of the art manufacturing facility based on the Isle of Man. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain experience working in a commercial laboratory and a supportive team focused environment.
• Responsible for batch manufacture of intermediate and final ligands and Chromatographic resins or other products as required.
• Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Production Methods.
• Upkeep of accurate production records and notebooks
• Conduct of certain on-line quality control assays
• Analysis of manufacturing data, early identification of anomalies and problems.
• Maintenance of manufacturing equipment and work areas in clean and serviceable state.
• To carry out other work in this area as and when directed by the Production Manager.
• Maximise output, ensuring targets are met and improving productivity.
• Improving overall effectiveness of equipment, ensuring operations comply with Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental standards.
• Updating and reviewing SOP’s and Manufacturing Record’s.
• Compilation and implementation of procedures and process documentation.
• Degree in Chemistry or appropriate science.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Good team working skills
• Computer literate
Please note that you will need to be willing to relocate on a permanent basis to the Isle of Man. The company offer relocation assistance and support.
Salary £22-25k + Company Benefits