A well-established successful manufacturing company based in Horsham specialising in chemical building products currently seek a Production Manager as part of a succession plan. As the Production Manager you will be managing a factory that manufactures liquid and cream silicone products from their own formulations. As well as overseeing the current manufacturing the Production Manager will manage the implementation of new production lines following increasing demand.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Management of the full cycle of products from inbound materials through production to despatch.
- Continuous improvement in efficiency in production operations and procedures
- Selection and specification of new production equipment including the development of new production lines.
- Management of production equipment including planned maintenance
- Management of a team of 6 individuals in production
- Meeting with suppliers and reviewing best competitive pricing
- Dealing with the company’s purchase ordering of goods. This includes checking and booking in arrivals inventory management and stock control.
- Overseeing the administration of the company’s quality management systems.
- In addition eventual responsibility for company related Health and Safety system could form part of this role
Production Manager Experience Required:
- Qualification in Engineering or Production related subject
- Experience of Production Management with a sound track record
- Experience working within a manufacturing/production/food/technical environment
- Managing materials and ordering of goods/stock control
Role: Production Manager
Package: £40k - £50k discretionary merit based bonus Contributory pension up to 5% 23 days holiday
Hours: Mon-Fri permanent 37.5 Hours working week 1 hour lunch + 2 15 minute tea breaks
Sector: Engineering / Chemical / Manufacturing / Scientific / Environmental Science
Job Ref: 6453