A global manufacturer of specialist coatings and ink products is currently recruiting for a Production Manager to join their manufacturing site in Manchester. As Production Manager, you will play a vital role in the overall running of the plant operations, production planning and ensuring strict health and safety procedures are followed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Manager from a relatable industry to join a business that has experienced year on year growth, with the opportunity to develop excellent managerial skills.
- Direct and coordinate production processes, managing and leading production personnel.
- Direct the installation and application of Company policies and procedures governing production planning and control, and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- To Review customer quality complaints attributable to manufacturing, determines responsibility and eliminates the causes of complaints.
- Directs the planning, layout and maintenance of Production facilities.
- Directs the development of new and improved methods, tools, equipment and procedures, and in the layout and installation of equipment as basis for reducing operating costs.
- Co-ordinates and integrates with all areas of the business to deliver maximum productivity, quality and excellent customer service.
- Implement process improvement and maximise staff motivation and morale.
- If you possess experience working within the ink sector, this will be beneficial – however, applicants from the chemical (or closely associated) industry are also encouraged.
- Proven supervisory experience - including mentoring junior staff, appraisals and motivation.
- Proven production management skills achieved in a fast paced small batch manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work well and deliver results in a highly pressurised, challenging environment with multiple planning changes.
- Must have the ability and knowledge to ensure safety standards are met and influence a positive safety culture.
- Able to understand and implement Good Manufacturing Practice and to be familiar with / have practical experience of LEAN Manufacturing production techniques, 5S, TPM and Kaizen in order to develop and promote a continuous improvement culture.
In return the company can provide a platform to develop a successful career within manufacturing coupled with a competitive salary package + pension + private medical healthcare + bonus
Job Ref: 5504