A leading speciality chemical manufacturing business based in Essex is currently seeking a QA/QC Manager to join their quality team on a permanent basis. You will take a primary focus on supervising the management of the QC and Analytical resources of staff and equipment – whilst having the ability to maintain systems to confirm compliance to ISO 9001.
The successful candidate must possess a strong analytical and quality background in the hydrocarbon industry – coupled with a successful track record leading & supporting site accreditation to ISO 9001.
QA/QC Manager responsibilities
- Supervise the management of the QC & Analytical resources of staff and equipment.
- Manage the QM systems within SAP and in LIMS for current & new materials for the Life Science, Energy & Industrial business units.
- Maintain systems to confirm compliance to ISO9001. Supervise the compliance to the site’s Environmental Agency permits.
- Line Manage 2 separate teams consisting of QC Shift Chemists and (Senior) Analytical Chemists.
- Ensure all Staff are testing materials to international standards (ASTM, IP, EN ISO, etc.) / in-house test methods are trained and competent.
- Support and manage the CAPEX programme for lab for equipment replacement and capability enhancement. Procure approved CAPEX equipment spends.
- Provide technical support for data / investigate complaints for the business units / product lines when requested.
QA/QC Manager requirements
- You must possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Extensive experience working in the hydrocarbon industry – undertaking analysis of raw materials and managing quality systems (ISO 9001).
- Full understanding of ISO9001 requirements.
- Competent to manage the develop analytical methods &/or commission new analytical equipment.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and manage a group of multi-disciplined staff.
- Strong focus on executing/delivering agreed objectives.
- Any knowledge of LIMS/SAP would be a distinct advantage.
In return the company can provide an excellent opportunity to take a leadership role and offer the potential to progress into a technical expert management position within the near future.
Competitive Salary + Excellent Company Benefits
Job Ref: 6665