An opportunity has arisen for a QC Technician to join a market leading paint manufacturing business in Berkshire. As a QC Technician you will be responsible for carrying out tests of paint batches, providing support the R&D department where necessary and ensure all relevant documentation is completed to a high standard. To be successful as a QC Technician you should ideally hold a scientific degree and possess experience working within a commercial laboratory, manufacturing or production environment.
QC Technician Responsibilities:
• Working within the QC department carrying out testing of batches of paint, mediums and other products using standard test methodologies.
• Issue out of specification corrections to production personnel where required.
• Complete all necessary documentation to support the quality assurance systems.
• Work part of the day with an existing member of QC and part alone.
• Assist R&D with customer complaint investigations where required.
QC Technician Requirements:
• Ideally educated to a degree level within a scientific discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biochemistry, Forensic Science) or possess experience working within a commercial laboratory, manufacturing or production environment.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills are essential.
• Strong organisation and administrative skills are essential, must also possess the ability to prioritise and plan allocated workloads.
• Possess the ability to work successful alone as-well-as in a team.
• Flexibility and a willingness to do shift work of this nature on a longer term basis is key.
To begin with you (whilst training) will have to do 2-4 weeks on standard working hours (9-5 or 8-4) and then move onto the full-time working hours as dictated by the business needs but no later than 7pm
Salary: £18-20k + Benefits
Job Ref: 5805