Our client is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials. The organisation is currently seeking a Qualifications Engineer for their Cambridgeshire based facility.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
• Review & interpret material specifications, qualification test plans and associated test methods and to highlight to management any inconsistencies or contradictions.
• Draft qualification test plans, as required, with line management support.
• Generate test plans and overall project plans, with line management support.
• Undertake all aspects of test specimen preparation and generate defined physical, chemical and mechanical test data – implementing and developing new test methods as required – and proposing & implementing agreed improvements to existing procedures & processes.
• Investigate – with guidance & support – the reasons behind unexpected specimen failures.
• Statistically analyse and accurately document test data and material performance conclusions in a technical report format with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning and management consensus.
• Undertake project work in compliance with all relevant customer/material specifications, quality standards and health, safety & environmental (HSE) requirements – for self & others – & to maintain accurate records in support of said compliance.
• To undertake ancillary tasks (including 5S, LEAN, continuous improvement, etc.) in support of the day-to-day running of the Qualification department.
• A technical background in an engineering or material science discipline (a working knowledge of FRP composite materials testing will be advantageous).
• A hands-on approach to laboratory work combined with good attention to detail.
• The ability to analyse test data – draw firm conclusions and where necessary – propose next steps.
• The ability to write accurate and concise technical reports with detailed discussions based on technical reasoning.
• Effective project management and communication skills, and be able to work both independently and as a team member.
• The ability to command the personal respect and confidence of colleagues and customers for technical ability.
Competitive salary and benefits in line with experience (Including Bonus).
Job Ref: 5756