A growing medical device distributer requires an experienced Quality and Regulatory Affairs Manager to join its team. You will lead a small team and help manage and continue the transfer from MDD to MDR. You must have previous experience in medical device regulations and proven people management experience. You must also be qualified or be eligible to act as Responsible Person.
- To assist in improving the quality of company activities across the business by supporting managers in all departments from new product development and marketing through to supply chain and sales customer service and distribution.
- To provide regulatory expertise to the board of directors and managers within our organisations contributing to sound decision making and minimising business risks.
- To ensure that business activities conducted are in compliance with the ISO 9001 (General QMS) ISO 13485 (Medical Devices QMS) ISO 14001 (Environmental Management System) Medical Devices Directive (current) and Medical Devices Regulation (in future) Wholesale Dealers Authorisation for medicines Good Distribution Practice (GDP) Labour Standards Assurance Scheme (LSAS) all applicable national regulations and in compliance with our SOPs.
- To work closely with the New Product Development Team to bring new products to market either under our own CE mark or through distribution or similar agreements.
- To manage communication and approvals with Competent Authorities eg. MHRA) and Notified Bodies (eg. LRQA).
- Educated to degree level in a scientific engineering or relevant discipline
- Proven Quality & Regulatory experience from medical devices or pharmaceutical/healthcare/cosmetics fields
- Expert knowledge of The Medical Devices Directive (MDD) and Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) ISO13485 ISO9001 ISO14971
- Qualified to be the Person Responsible for Regulatory Compliance in line with Article 15 of the Medical Devices Regulation
- Experience of internal and external auditing
- Experience of leading a team skilled as a coach and advisor to support the professional and personal development of team members
- Experience interpreting implementing and communicating changes in Regulatory policy and Quality standards
- Experience in developing quality and regulatory strategy
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to engage and influence internal and external customers and champion a positive quality culture across the business
- Ability to prioritise plan and organise workload and work to deadlines
- Highly IT literate
- Highly numerate with an excellent level of attention to detail
- Qualified to act as a Responsible Person in respect of Good Distribution Practice
- Experience with ISO14001
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the following regulations and directives:
- The National Health Service (Pharmaceutical and Local Pharmaceutical Services) Regulations 2013
- Classification Labelling and Packaging Regulations
- General Data Protection Regulation
- The Health Service Products (Provision and disclosure of information) Regulations
- The Health Service Medical Supplies (Costs) Act
- Falsified Medicines Directive
- The Human Medicines Regulation 2012
- MHRA Blue Guide: Advertising and promoting medicines in the UK
Competitive Salary dependent on experience
Monday – Friday / 09:00 – 17:00
Contributory Pension Scheme
Private Health Care
Free onsite car parking Subsidised staff canteen
Job Ref: 6130