We are working with one of the largest global scientific companies, who require a Quality Control Manager to lead a team of 25 at their site in Basingstoke. As the Quality Control Manager you will be responsible for managing, and further developing personnel in the QC Laboratory and is also responsible for organizing work scheduling, planning, and general administration of QC testing. The Quality Control Manager will proactively partner with key stakeholders to provide a high, quality product in the most efficient and effective manner.
Quality Control Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage personnel reporting to the position to effectively develop, recruit, train, evaluate, motivate, delegate and monitor their work.
- Empower staff to be innovative and involved, eliminate waste and solve problems quickly and effectively; always with a view toward meeting or exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Oversee work scheduling, planning, and general administration of the Quality Control laboratory to ensure targets are met within agreed timeframes.
- Ensure testing is carried out in accordance with product specifications and external quality control requirements.
- Monitor, record, analyse and report on activities, trends, results and recommendations relating to Quality Control and department activities
- Oversee the review and approval of all testing, reports, deviations, and department Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to support the QC department.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of ISO, BS and other relevant standards and ensure their application in laboratory procedures.
- Maintain a safe laboratory work environment and comply with all laboratory safety requirements.
- Drive collaborative relationships between internal stakeholder departments and Quality with the overall focus of improving customer satisfaction.
Quality Control Manager Requirements/Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required microbiology or sciences with experience in a medical device, pharmaceutical or clinical Quality Control environment
- Experience leading a team
- Experience managing BSL2 laboratory, BSL3 experience preferred
- Experience with medical device, GMP, EU Regulation or ISO 13485, 11133, and Guide 34.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of quality and scientific principles.
- Laboratory Safety Experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/functions effectively in a global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional team.
- SAP Quality Module experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to challenge, influence, and build consensus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Role: Quality Control Manager
Job Type: Permanent, Monday – Friday, 35 Hours working week (Early Friday Finish)
Package: £50k - £60k, 5% Bonus, Pension up to 8%, Life assurance, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance,
Industry: Manufacturing / Scientific / Biotechnology / Medical Devices / Pharmaceutical
Job Ref: 5992