Our client the industry leader in the manufacture of industrial fabrics and composite materials currently seeks a Quality Manager. The Quality Manager role will be based at their Cambridgeshire UK manufacturing facility. The Quality Manager will provide direction for the Site Quality strategy managing Quality Department staff development/ maintenance/improvement of quality standards ensuring integrity of quality records enhancing customer satisfaction product variability reduction as well as maintaining the AS9100 quality system.
Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide quality leadership and expertise across all areas of the business through support of planning investigation project management pro-active quality improvement activity and promotion of improvement tools.
- Development maintain and improve quality standards systems and processes for company products.
- Provide leadership and expertise in maintaining and improving the existing Quality Management Systems (QMS) that support the sites AS9100D and ISO9001:2015 certifications.
- Manage and maintain the site NADCAP (AC7122 & AC7124) certifications.
- Set and agree key reporting metrics for the site on an annual basis and reporting of such metrics internally and externally on a monthly basis.
- Establish key focus on internal and external customer satisfaction by understanding and implementing material and system requirements through cross-functional team building and robust problem resolution with relevant RCCA.
- Act as the primary resource in the research and response to customer complaints rejections enabling the department to support customer and business initiatives and quality improvement.
- Support quality system and process reviews to ensure the QMS is robust and opportunities for improvement are promoted ensuring that the quality management system is reviewed annually or more frequently if required.
- Prepare quality plans / manuals / standards relating to products or systems where appropriate ensuring reflection of key customer requirements
- Ensure compliance of manufacturing documents to quality requirements through internal checks.
- Participate in any requested audit programmes/assessments both internal and external (ISO NADCAP Corporate audits Airbus IPCA etc.)
- Champion ancillary tasks including 5S / FOD LEAN continuous improvement etc enabling support of the day-to-day running of the Quality Department.
Quality Manager Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A degree or equivalent in Engineering Quality or other related discipline
- Relevant level of experience leading AS9100 (preferable) or ISO9001 quality systems in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of TS16949 and EASA Part 21 may also be beneficial).
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to manage teams to deliver improvements and influence change at all levels
- Exceptional customer relationship skills (internal and external)
- Good understanding of statistics/process capability metrics and improvement methodology and tools e.g. Six Sigma 5S Lean.
- Strong project management skills with an analytical approach to problem solving
- Ability to define problems collect data establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a cross-functional team environment is essential
- Fluent English language skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with APQP tools and methodologies preferred.
Role: Quality Manager
Pay Rate: Competitive salary
Package: Car allowance, 10% Bonus, Flexi-hours, 25 days holiday, enhanced pensions scheme, on site canteen, free parking, various company benefits
Job Type: Monday – Friday Permanent role
Industry: Aerospace / Composites / Automotive / Paints
Job Ref: 6211