A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently recruiting for an R&D Chemist to join their Component Delivery team in Oxford on a permanent basis. As R&D Chemist you will play an important role within the synthetic group – designing experiments analysing novel compounds and synthesis of organic polymers.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities
- Research and formulate new chemical products that will be applied to industry and for bespoke requirements from customers/clients.
- Synthesise analyse and perform test procedures of new components.
- Design recommend and execute experimental programmes.
- Participate in project teams and to present results and conclusions to the wider team.
- Design synthesize and analyse novel compounds aimed at solving key challenges - both current and future.
The role will primarily focus on organic and/or polymer synthesis with opportunities to explore other areas such as inorganic chemistry and colloid science.
R&D Chemist Requirements
- You must have a degree qualification (BSc/MSc/MChem) in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Have a background or focus in Synthetic Organic Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry.
- Possess industrial experience operating within a commercial laboratory – carrying out synthesis on new compounds.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Strong technical competencies including data manipulation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with team colleagues.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 6140