An opportunity has arisen for an R&D Chemist to join a dynamic, specialist materials organisation at its stare of the art research facility in South London. Working within the materials development team you will use your skills and knowledge to drive projects through the development process from initial research to manufacturing and introduction.
In order to be successful as an R&D Chemist you should hold a degree in chemistry or closely related subject from a recognised University and possess knowledge around polyurethanes (PU).
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
- Assist in material development & innovation projects from initial research & feasibility studies through lab scale development to final production implementation.
- Work with the Program Management team, line manager and CTO to ensure projects are kept on time and to budget.
- Maintain an up to date awareness of advances in polymer science and an in-depth knowledge of the latest competitor products.
- Work closely with product development, quality and testing teams to ensure projects are accomplished in line with objectives.
- Ensure policies, procedures and documentation relating to materials development are prepared and maintained at the level necessary to satisfy ISO 9001 and customer standards.
R&D Chemist Requirements:
- Hold a degree in chemistry or closely related subject from a leading University and possess knowledge around polymers & polyurethanes (PU Foams, PU Elastomers.)
- Knowledge of analytical and formulation chemistry would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Well-developed time management and personal organisation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with team members.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
Job Ref: 5708