A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking an R&D Chemist to join their team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within their technology function, you will take a primary focus on research projects, completing development and formulation work on new/next generation chemical products.
R&D Chemist Responsibilities:
- Research, develop and formulate new chemical products that will be applied to industry and for bespoke requirements from customers/clients.
- Synthesise, analyse and perform test procedures of new components.
- Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts/parties.
- Participate in project teams and to present results and conclusions to the wider team.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment.
R&D Chemist Requirements:
- You must have a degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Possess experience operating within a commercial R&D laboratory completing formulation on speciality chemical products.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Strong technical competencies including data manipulation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with team colleagues.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 5666