A globally recognised clean energy provider based in Surrey is currently seeking a research scientist to join and lead its early-stage technical projects. As research scientist, you will take a primary role in leading the development of numerous key projects whilst having the ability to communicate effectively across business functions and key stakeholders.
To be successful as a research scientist you should hold a PhD in a relevant engineering discipline and possess excellent knowledge and experience knowledge in electrochemistry.
Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Lead the management and development and of a number of these key projects.
- Plan & execute laboratory-based technical testing programmes to answer fundamental electrochemistry questions, issues and knowledge gaps.
- Develop new procedures when necessary and train staff in using them.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with external stakeholders and project partners, keeping a regular flow of communication as necessary.
- Ensuring that all the work conducted is extensively and accurately reported.
- Ensure a positive working environment, with fluent and regular communication with team members and other stakeholders.
- Participate in team meetings, discussions and reviews, preparing and presenting updates as required.
- Complete background reading and literature-based research on relevant topics when necessary.
Research Scientist Requirements:
- You must possess a PhD level qualification from a recognised university.
- Previous experience with electrochemistry/electrocatalysts/batteries.
- Practical experience of electrochemical testing (cyclic voltammetry, a.c. impedance spectroscopy) is desirable.
- Have successfully lead and managed technical projects.
- Have been involved in multinational and/or multidisciplinary collaborations.
- Experience managing key internal and external relationships.
- Ability to present and communicate data.
In return the company can provide an excellent platform to work on breakthrough technology and scope to progress.
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 + benefits.
Job Ref: 5873