A biomaterials research company requires an R&D Scientist to join the team on a 12 month contract. You will provide technical support to the research projects within the biomaterials division where applications predominantly within the medical device field. PhD is preferred but those with a BSc/MSc with relevant experience will also be considered.
- To complete assigned activities and projects and meet deadlines.
- To perform development of coating processes and evaluation of coated samples for a variety of medical devices.
- To play a leading role in tackling technical issues/challenges using innovative ideas, up-to-date knowledge and state-of-art techniques.
- To provide technical inputs in design of experiment, brainstorming, problem solving and project review.
- To carry out research and development works for fibre sizing.
- To communicate experimental results to the Technical Manager in a timely manner.
- To comply with health, safety and environment regulations and record experimental details as defined by quality procedures.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Educated to PhD level in polymer science/technology, materials or chemistry with 2-3 year’s experience working in R&D function, ideally within a medical device or healthcare sector.
- Good knowledge and experience of polymer science/technology and scientific research are essential.
- Practical experience of biomedical coatings and fibre sizing will be advantageous.
- Excellent and broad laboratory skills including attention to detail and problem-solving.
- Competent computer skills in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good planning, writing and communication skills.
- Capable of learning new knowledge/techniques and applying in practice.
Salary £30k - £36k 12 month contract
Job Ref: 5481