A leading nanoparticle manufacturing business is currently seeking its next Research Scientist to join its innovative R&D facility permanently based in Nottingham. As Research Scientist you will play a lead role in synthesising nanomaterials and optimising the material properties for commercial applications – whilst having the ability to assist with commercial development work.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a recent PhD graduate specialising in Chemistry Materials Science or closely related field of study – ideally with a focus into synthetic inorganic or nanomaterial/nanoparticle chemistry.
Research Scientist Responsibility
- Chemical synthesis and formulation of inorganic nanomaterial dispersions using high-pressure equipment (bench-scale and pilot-scale).
- Technical Communication with UK & global customers.
- Performing characterisation and interpretation of characterisation data.
- Contributing to report and proposal writing.
- Good laboratory practice and accurate experiment recording.
- Take part in occasional international meetings.
Research Scientist Requirements
- Possess a PhD level qualification in Chemistry Materials Science or closely related field of study.
- Strong knowledge of inorganic chemistry colloid science nanotechnology and/or synthetic chemistry.
- Knowledge or experience of standard characterisation techniques is desirable (XRD TEM SEM DLS zeta potential measurements).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across internal and external parties.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills coupled with a track record of working to strict deadlines.
In return the company can provide an excellent opportunity to practice innovative R&D work dedicated to nanoparticle dispersions.
Competitive salary £27k - £30k + company benefits.
Job Ref: 6458