Safety Data Sheet Specialist
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a career driven Safety Data Sheet Specialist/EHS Specialist to join a global leader operating in the chemical industry. As a key member of the global team, you will take responsibility for hazard communication whilst maintaining data integrity within the SDS authoring database.
Safety Data Sheet Specialist Responsibilities
- Maintain data integrity within in the SDS authoring database (Intelligent Authoring or other) to ensure that work products reflect the most current health, safety, environmental, and regulatory information available.
- Author current and accurate Safety Data Sheets & Labels for multiple global business units.
- Derive hazard classifications for substances and mixtures using various classification schemes including but not limited to GHS, OSHA Hazcom, CLP & WHMIS methodologies.
- Develop and maintain internal processes that support data management and data integrity.
- Monitor and communicate changes in global hazard communication regulations to insure global and regional compliance.
- Assist EHS colleagues and support activities as necessary in all EHS areas including Product Stewardship, Toxicology, Regulatory Affairs, Environmental, Site Safety & Process Safety.
Safety Data Sheet Specialist Requirements
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of Product Stewardship and Hazard Communication standards.
- Confident in displaying a strong level of knowledge & understanding of global GHS hazcom regulations.
- Working knowledge of global regulations that impact the manufacture and sale of chemicals.
- Functional knowledge of chemistry as it applies to hazard communication and regulatory information.
Role: Safety Data Sheet Specialist (EHS)
Job Type: Permanent, full-time, Mon-Fri
Package: Competitive Salary, + Private healthcare, 25 days holiday, final salary pension, life insurance, free parking, subsidised canteen, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme, increased mat/paternity pay
Job Ref: 6210