This is a fantastic opportunity for either a Sales Professional or a Chemist who is looking to change their career path and work as part of an innovative scientific organisation who develop and manufacture a range of nanomaterials. Based at their state of the art facility in Nottingham you will play a pivotal part in the company’s businesses development strategy by maintaining existing customer relationships alongside promoting ground-breaking new products for the scientific market.
To be successful you will hold a chemistry or closely related degree and possess commercial experience working within a technical, scientific laboratory.
Scientific Sales Executive Responsibilities:
- Support in the scientific research of the business forwards into new and existing areas of application.
- Develop a strategic plan with management that enables the business to grow on a global basis.
- Initiate and undertake market research to monitor and assess developments within the current product range.
- Provide technical support and conduct trials with customers as required.
- Plan and conduct advanced research for the purposes of design enhancement of new products.
- Keep abreast of market trends, developments and competitive activities to ensure that the business is progressive.
- Partake in global travel on a regular basis and remain in close contact with customers.
Business Development Scientist Skills and Requirements:
- Hold a chemistry or closely related degree is required as a minimum qualification.
- Possess knowledge or experience of characterisation techniques (XRD, TEM, SEM and DLS)
- Experience or knowledge of inorganic nanoparticle dispersions would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to discuss technical issues in a professional manner in a commercial setting.
- Must be a motivated and self-starting individual capable of driving themselves and others to succeed in project goals as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to interact effectively with colleagues & customers.
- Well organised and adaptable, able to prioritise tasks accordingly.
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits – Company Laptop & Phone – Company Pension Contribution – Life Assurance