An opportunity has arisen for a Scientific Support Specialist to join a global organisation at its state of the art facility in High-Wycombe. Our client specialises in the development of high tech instrumentation and systems for research industries, you will be responsible for providing technical support and training to customers, field engineers and distributors on the company’s technical product range.
To be successful you should hold a relevant scientific qualification: BSc, MSc or PhD in either Electronics, Physics, Materials Science or Chemistry, possess a keen interest in current/new technologies and ideally possess some commercial experience.
Scientific Support Specialist Responsibilities:
- High level onsite technical support for critical customer escalations and first time installations of new products.
- Act as the primary technical support contact for the product range.
- Take customer telephone calls, logging problems, attempting to resolve problems over the telephone and by using remote control techniques.
- Support field engineers and distributors when they at the customer site with technical and training queries.
- Take ownership of customer problems and liaise with internal departments to resolve issues.
- Prepare troubleshooting guidelines/digital support products for engineers and customers.
Scientific Support Specialist Requirements:
- Hold a relevant scientific qualification: BSc, MSc or PhD in either Electronics, Physics, Materials Science or Chemistry.
- Ideally possess some commercial experience in a technical support or similar role.
- Knowledge within the microanalysis field would be advantageous.
- Additional language would be an advantage.
- A sound understanding of electronics and PC set up is essential.
- Strong communication skills with an excellent understanding of how to communicate with different audiences.
- Technically capable but with excellent communications skills, along with the desire to improve processes.
Competitive Salary in line with experience + Excellent Benefits
Job Ref: 5686