A leading provider of pharmaceutical testing in the UK requires a Senior Analysts to join its team in Cambridgeshire. You will work on a permanent basis within their Pharmaceutical Chemistry Laboratory. Working as part of a team the Senior Analyst will efficiently organize the team ensuring that all samples are analysed in accordance with regulatory. You will also perform and assist analytical work on pharmaceutical products, help with the equipment maintenance, calibration and other quality checks, and aid the efficient operation of the chemistry laboratory to meet customer and internal requirements. To apply for this role, you must have a degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject.
The position will involve:
• Analyse/oversee the analysis of samples to enable results to be interpreted and reported within the acceptable time scale
• Perform any Out of Specification investigations to the Quality procedures
• Analysis of samples using various instrumental & wet chemistry methods eg HPLC, GC
• Ensure staff are trained correctly.
• Ensure all instruments are maintained according to standard operating procedures and downtime kept to a minimum.
• Deal with Client queries in a timely manner
• Performing equipment troubleshooting, checks and calibrations
• Ensuring all relevant Quality and Health & Safety Procedures are followed
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, or proven experience in relevant analytical techniques
• Supervisory and people management skills
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedure eg HPLC, GC, AA etc
• Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your own workload and the workload of others
• Previous experience of working in a GMP laboratory environment is desirable.
• Ability to work alone and part of a team in a busy laboratory
• Good communication skills, written and oral, with good organisational skills and the ability to accurately follow methods and excellent attention to detail.
Salary £24k - £26k
Job Ref: 5344