A fantastic opportunity for a Senior Analyst has arisen with a global company focused on testing life sciences and minerals. As a Senior Analyst you will be performing methods such as HPLC, GC and PCR. To be successful you will need to have previous laboratory experience coupled with a Chemistry degree.
Position Duties and Scope:
- You will need to perform work allocated without deviation from the documented methodology and / or procedure whilst maintaining high levels of quality control.
- You will perform complex methods and/or instrumental techniques (e.g. HPLC / GC / PCR)
- You will provide training, supervision and troubleshooting in methodology and procedures
- You will assist senior staff in resolution of any problems or doubts concerning allocated tests within the team.
- You will need to inform senior staff in advance if agreed deadlines for work completion are unlikely to be met.
- You will perform daily quality control checks and calibrations.
- You will need to conform to all Site Quality Management Systems and health and safety procedures and protocols.
- You will perform analysis within the time scales required and ensure that result availability is in line with method and client expectations.
- You will pro-actively manage any stocks which require replenishing.
- You will need to ensure that the laboratory areas are kept clean and tidy. You will need to remove waste frequently and ensure it is disposed of in the correct manner.
- You will need to ensure that all paperwork is completed concisely and accurately in clear handwriting.
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or an appropriate subject, and significant level of proven experience in relevant analytical techniques.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Chemical analysis across a range of methodologies, techniques and procedures.
- Method development, validation protocol following and writing.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office programs and LIMS
- Accuracy and attention to detail, ability to investigate and contribute to problem solving and troubleshooting on methods and equipment issues.
- Good organisational skills for self and team, ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate in a concise manner with colleagues and senior staff
Salary £24k - £26k
Job Ref: 5669