A leading consultancy providing services to the food, flavour, fragrances and FMCG industries requires a Senior Consultant to join its Consumer Sciences division. You will be responsible for establishing and growing relationships with key clients as well as defining, promoting and delivering bespoke and impactful client projects and programmes. You will need significant experience working in an FMCG or related industry and have a strong working knowledge of consumer and sensory science.
- Work with the Head of Consumer & Sensory Insight to develop and strengthen the Insight team working cross-group to discover opportunities for consumer, sensory and behavioural insight to inform Leatherhead and Science Group innovation projects.
- Help build new frameworks and methodologies which deliver in-depth consumer insight exploring consumer attitudes, behaviour, sensory perception and consumer experience.
- Design and deliver consumer insight projects blending the latest qualitative, quantitative and sensory techniques (both online and offline) to solve complex client challenges.
- Play a lead role in business development and marketing, engaging in thought-leadership and client development activities including pitch and proposal development.
- Successfully run and deliver client projects and programmes, optimally coordinating the team and resources.
You will work cross-functionally with Marketing, R&D, Brand and Consumer Insight teams on wide-ranging projects to:
- Support leading Corporates to deliver against strategic R&D platforms e.g. natural, plant-based, sustainable, reduced sugar
- Explore the consumer view of a new technology, ingredient or early-stage product concept to inform leading innovators of consumer barriers and opportunities
- Understand how far a company can evolve the sensory and marketing characteristics of their existing product range to drive sales growth without alienating their core consumer
- Define the ‘white space’ new product development opportunities and the break-through concepts in a competitive industry full of new start-up brands and overcrowded categories
- Articulate the quality, sensory and marketing characteristics that are key to product and brand identity
You will bring proven experiences of building and delivering impactful research or consultancy projects for clients wither within an FMCG business or for a consultancy. You’ll have a passion and curiosity for solving problems with the capacity to think and act creatively whilst bringing the rigour and skill required to craft insights from data. Including:
- Proven client engagement skill with ability to foster deep relationships
- Able to positively influence client direction and strategy through your insight and advice
- Exemplary written skill with the ability to create compelling and insightful narratives
- A passion for bringing the consumer voice to science and innovation projects
- Comfortable blending consumer insight, sensory science and consumer behavioural understanding to inform innovation
Job Ref: 6516