An opportunity has arisen for a senior design engineer to join a specialist laboratory instrument manufacturing business at their facility in Surrey. As a senior design engineer you will use your precision engineering skills to develop and designing complex electro-mechanical assemblies and instruments from conception though to manufacture.
To be successful as a senior design engineer you should ideally hold a degree or equivalent in a engineering discipline. Possess proven commercial experience as a mechanical design or mechanical engineer and be able to demonstrate skills in the design of automated electro-mechanical assemblies.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Working within a dedicated and enthusiastic team the role will be directly involved in both the design of new electro-mechanical instrumentation and the development of existing instruments.
- Involvement will be from conception to final hand-over to the manufacturing area with project ownership throughout the process.
- Involved with all aspects of the business and in particular the production and drawing office teams.
- Generation of design specifications, project briefs and project plans suitable for presentation to the management team.
- Skilled in identifying simple but effective solutions which lead to strong design for manufacture.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Proven commercial experience as a mechanical design / mechanical engineer ideally within a specialist, technical environment.
- Ability to demonstrate skills in the design of automated electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with some of the following technologies:
- Solid state and minaturised heating / cooling technologies,
- Optical measurement technologies,
- Precision temperature control systems
- Position control systems
- An understanding of engineering calculations and analysis.
- First class communication skills with demonstrable ability to liaise with suppliers to ensure designs are cost effective and can be manufactured.
- Solidworks & CAD expertise
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits - 25 Days Holiday + Banks – Company Pension Contribution
Job Ref: 6040