A UKAS accredited testing facility has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Microbiologist to join its team. As a senior microbiologist you will be responsible for the day to day running of the laboratory. To be considered you must have previous microbiology testing experience of either food or water samples. Any supervisory experience would be an advantage as there will be the opportunity to step up into a management role.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the allocation of work within the laboratory to? ensure the integrity of the sample results and not impair the quality of the results.?
- You will oversee the maintenance calibration and cleaning of all laboratory? equipment and notify the Quality Manager of any faulty or out of calibration equipment.?
- You will be responsible for overseeing the environmental monitoring of the?laboratory environment.?
- You will be responsible for training and signing off additional Junior Microbiology? staff for analytical methods in accordance with the In-House Documented Methods.?
- You will responsible for the distribution and reporting of both internal and external? (QWAS) PT schemes and analyse the significance of results to produce charts and data to assess the individuals performance together with Uncertainty of Measurement? associated with each of the tests performed within the laboratory.
- You will maintain?control graphs for positive organisms together with data on recovery rates and media? comparison.?
- They will be responsible for management of stock control sterility checks and media? batch to batch variation checks.?
- You will responsible for authorising sample results and issuing reports and early? notifications to Clients.?
- You will have had previous microbiology laboratory experience and have a higher?education qualification.
- You will have a thorough knowledge of laboratory?procedures from aseptic technique through to identification and confirmation of target? organisms.
- Degree in Microbiology or relevant experience
- GLP (good lab practice)
- Significant lab experience
- Experience in a legionella water testing / environmental lab
- Good quality control
- UKAS Training
Due to the location of the site it is essential that you can drive and have your own transport
Job Ref: 6346