We have an opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join an exciting SME on a 6 month contract. You will work with the assay development team to support in the development of their Point of Care device. You must be an experienced molecular biologist with previous experience in assay development – ideally with POC experience.
This is a 6 month maternity cover contract to start in May 2020.
Flawless execution of scientific projects in the required time frame to a high-quality standard
2. Performing routine genotyping for Nudge samples.
3. Performing required experiments on Nudge Clinical Trials.
4. Performing and supervising experiments to improve the technology.
5. To collate analyse and interpret data
9. To lead multiple projects simultaneously and ensure work planned and scheduled appropriately.
10. To lead trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required.
12. To perform laboratory housekeeping tasks.
13. To lead departmental practices and process improvements.
14. To coach and/or mentor junior scientists/technologists.
15. Liaising with external vendors/partners as per need.
1. Knowledge and experience in Molecular Biology and assay development.
2. Experience on point of care device
3. Experience in data analysis lab maintenance guiding junior team.
4. Particular in conducting experiments analyse record keeping.
5. Keen in R& D for improvement of platform and techniques specific to company.
This is a 6 month maternity cover contract to start in May 2020. There is potential for this to be extended but this is will be reviewed on completion of the initial 6 months.
Salary £35k - £45k per annum
Job Ref: 6517