An opportunity for a Senior QC Chemist has arisen to join a leading pharmaceutical company at its facility in Kent. As a senior chemist you will carry out sampling and testing of incoming raw materials. To be successful in this role you will need to have knowledge in wet chemistry techniques and previous experience in raw materials.
This is a shift-based role as follows:
- You will provide a prompt comprehensive raw material analysis service, along with colleagues, to the required customers.
- You will need to discuss priorities with Quality Control and other Operations management and provide an efficient analysis service to meet required deadlines / targets
- You will work with other team members to provide flexible cover, as and when required.
- You will liaise with the Quality Control Manager and Senior Finished Goods Analyst on analysis requirements; deploying resource as appropriate.
- You will assist in the training and technical support for raw material analysis of Quality Control staff, where required.
- To carry out duties in line with the company’s procedures.
- You will facilitate continuous process improvements to optimise departmental flow, capacity and man hours efficiency while contributing to and completing improvement projects.
- You will carry out duties in a safe manner in accordance with COSHH requirements.
- You will carry out sampling and testing of incoming raw materials to determine suitability for use against agreed specifications.
- You will be retesting of raw materials in stock.
- You will carry out or arrange full testing of raw materials, where applicable.
- You will manage and entry of analytical and data into the required Quality Control computer systems.
- You will check and act as a countersignature to results obtained by other technicians in the team.
- You will check batch information received from suppliers eg certificate of analysis results verses specification.
- You will ensure that Raw Materials testing sheets are in line with current requirements.
- You will follow departmental SOP’s.
- You will write, modify and prepare SOP’s, when required.
- You will ensure the internal and external calibration schedules for laboratory equipment are adhered to.
- You will Ensure the work area is maintained in accordance with 5S housekeeping standards.
- You will perform Performance reviews of QC Analysts
- To participate in company audits to ensure compliance, and the promotion of the department and company in a positive light.
- In general terms, the job holder may from time to time be asked to perform duties as agreed with the QC Manager or/or Operations management.
Essentials for QC Senior Analytical
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge & experience of major wet chemical, instrumental analytical techniques, GC and HPLC.
- Previous experience working with raw materials
- Experience in working to LEAN principals
- COSHH & GLP knowledge
- Good written abilities (able to prepare concise and accurate reports).
- Good general computer skills, including spreadsheets, Word, etc.
- Ability to plan & execute assigned projects within required timelines.
- Ability to interpret experimental results.
- Must have aptitude for detail.
- Well presented
- Clear & articulate speech.
- Normal colour vision.
- Self-motivated & able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good Team worker
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management / prioritisation / ability to work to deadlines.
Salary £31.5k - £36.5k includes shift allowance
Job Ref: 5737