Due to continued growth, an innovative diagnostics company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join the cell imaging team. You will work closely with the R&D team to develop and expand cell imaging and analysis capabilities. You will have a PhD in Life Sciences with experience in a commercial lab or have the equivalent commercial experience with a BSc or MSc. It is highly desirable that your experience is gained within another diagnostic or medical device organisation.
· Key technical and analytical studies in circulating tumour cell imaging
· Close interactions with R&D team of biologists, engineers and product management
· Assay development in cell imaging (immunofluorescence, cytological staining, FISH)
· Development of automated image analysis solutions
· Ability to work independently and plan and deliver multiple individual projects
· Development of innovative techniques in cell biology and imaging
· Contribute to laboratory record management and quality systems.
· You will have a PhD in Life Sciences, with at least 3 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent in oncology, molecular biology or cell biology
· Experience in oncology or cell biology, preferably gained in the in vitro diagnostics industry in diagnostic assay development/validation
· Experience in a range of cell biology and imaging (microscopy) techniques
· Immunofluorescence assay development is essential
· Experience in automated cell imaging solutions highly desirable
· Experience in High-Content Analysis (or screening) methods highly desirable
· Able to provide scientific mentoring and training to develop others and promote good scientific practice
As a member of their excellent and fast-growing team you will receive opportunities for development and a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Ref: 5711