A global organisation that is the industry leader in the manufacturing of industrial fabrics and composite materials is looking to recruit a Senior Scientist. Based at the company’s facility in Cambridgeshire you will provide expertise to manufacturing, R&D and sales – with the ability to design and execute experiments related to composite/adhesive technology.
- Liaison with Product Developers and Technical Fellows in matrix and fibre R&T teams to define problems to be solved through the matrix formulation and composite development.
- The design and execution of experiments to solve technical problems; the development of prototype products their maturation read for introduction to the market on time and on cost.
- Reporting discoveries and project status to appropriate levels of the business in the form of presentations, reports and participation in meetings.
- Contributing to protection of new developments with suitable IP filings under guidance from line manager.
- Contributing to the definition and running of central research and product development projects, some of which will be cross-functional.
- Ensuring that research development work within own sphere of influence is conducted to ensure safety and protection of the Environment according to best work practices, regulations and applicable legislation and policies.
- You must possess a degree level qualification in Chemistry/Materials Science or closely related field of study.
- It is essential to have a strong working knowledge of composite/adhesive/coatings/polymer/thermoset formulation.
- Capable of making decisions informed by expert knowledge to enable management of all aspects of risk associated with the selection of ingredients, formulations and processes.
- Strong customer facing skills, with the ability to converse effectively across groups.
In return the company can provide an excellent opportunity to develop a successful career focused to New Product Development coupled with a very competitive salary package + bonus + pension
Job Ref: 5360