A world leading speciality chemical business is currently seeking a Senior Scientist to join their organic chemistry group in Oxford on a permanent basis. As Senior Scientist, you will play a pivotal role within the group and take responsibility for the design and synthesis of next generation products whilst having the ability to work closely alongside different business functions.
- Provide design solutions to a variety of projects.
- Deliver robust routing scouting to deliver materials in a time efficient manner.
- Take responsibility for the supervision, development and coaching of junior chemists.
- Research scale-up 10g to 10kg with support from chemical engineers.
- External focal lead for assigned chemical outsourcing.
- Lead safety initiatives to continue to build on the strong safety culture, deliver risk assessments and consistently demonstrate the highest standards of safety and quality.
- Development of external outsourcing relationships.
- You must possess a degree qualification (PhD level preferred) in Chemistry/Organic Chemistry/Synthetic Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Possess excellent technical competencies with strong track record and a science background.
- Excellent organic chemistry background with strong track record of delivering materials to aggressive timescales within a research & development environment.
- Strong safety focus including networking, communication and a demonstrated ability to deliver high standard risk assessments.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual, in groups and as part of cross-functional teams, across multiple cultures, on a wide portfolio of projects to deliver value to the customer.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 5469