A globally recognised clean energy provider based in the Surrey/Sussex borders is currently seeking a Senior Technician to join and lead their laboratory team with the ability to take ownership on the maintenance/calibration of various test equipment. As Senior Technician, you will play a vital role in the smooth day-to-day running of the laboratory, assisting fellow scientists/engineers with the testing of raw/finished products and execute technical operations.
- Plan & execute laboratory-based technical operations including liaising with facilities manager.
- Support the selection of tests and services. Coordinate the introduction of new testing methods/ enhancements.
- Support and where appropriate conduct characterisation experiments in a systematic and organised manner.
- Participate in team meetings, discussions and reviews, preparing and presenting updates as required.
- Executing maintenance and calibration tasks when required.
- Support ISO certification.
- Liaise with external parties for the calibration, maintenance of equipment and infrastructure while keeping other stakeholders properly informed.
- You must possess a BSc/BEng level qualification from a recognised university.
- Previous working knowledge in electrochemistry, electrocatalysts, fuel cell technology or battery technology.
- Proven experience operating within a commercial/industry laboratory.
- An understanding of risk assessments, COSHH.
- The willingness to learn new processes when necessary and the ability to teach others how to use equipment.
- Organised with a high attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality.
- Analytical and systematic approach.
In return the company can provide an excellent platform to work on breakthrough technology and scope to progress inc. competitive salary £27k - £30k + benefits.
Job Ref: 5451