A growing clean technology business is looking to expand its team with a driven, senior thermal systems engineer within the design and performance department. You will play a pivotal part to understand key drivers, requirements and specifications for fuel cell systems.
To be successful you should hold a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD qualification within a relevant chemical or mechanical engineering discipline, possess experience in thermal systems and a strong knowledge around thermos-fluids through a commercial role or through PhD studies.
Senior Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Development of system architectures to meet customer product requirements.
- Conduct simulations and analysis of components and thermal systems.
- Produce component designs and specification documentation.
- Overseeing verification and validation programs.
- Writing test plans, reports and presenting work to internal and external customers.
- Specifying test plans and analyzing test data.
- Writing reports and presenting work to internal and external customers.
Senior Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s, masters or PhD qualification within a relevant chemical or mechanical engineering discipline.
- Possess experience in thermal systems and a strong knowledge around thermos-fluids through a commercial role or through PhD studies.
- Experience of development testing, verification and validation.
- Interpretation of test results, with understanding of measurement techniques, data acquisition and analysis.
Advantageous skills to include:
- Some knowledge of fuel cells and an understanding of hydrocarbon fuel reforming and catalysts material selection.
- Steam generation for reforming.
- Combustion devices.
- Heat exchangers.
- Mass manufacturing methods and design for manufacture.
Competitive Salary + Benefits – 25 Days Holiday – Company Pension Contribution – Life Assurance
Working Hours: 37½ per Week – Flexible
Job Ref: 5684