A market-leading chemical manufacturing business, based in Peterborough is currently seeking a further Shift Chemist to join their QC department on a permanent basis. This role has opened due to continued success and will take a primary focus on chemical analysis (HPLC, GC) and developing/improving methods.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a family-run business that are investing in new facilities and securing global projects. To be successful within this role, you must have a chemistry background with experience working within an industrial analytical laboratory – completing HPLC & GC analysis.
- To provide effective analytical support using HPLC & GC instruments. Along with routine/non-routine analysis, you will also develop & improve methods.
- Ensuring that all samples are analysed in accordance with specifications, procedures and test methods with appropriate documentation and records.
- Ensuring by analysis that cross contamination control is maintained.
- Ensuring that analysis is carried out accurately, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Working a rotating shift pattern – according to project demands and deadlines.
- Maintaining all necessary records and archiving batch samples.
- Degree qualification in Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Demonstrate a good chemistry understanding with experience working within a commercial laboratory.
- You must possess good analytical skills with the confidence to practice HPLC & GC analysis with little supervision during some occasions.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic and a motivation to learn.
- Familiar with health & safety procedures.
- Provide flexibility to work shifts to ensure customer deadlines are met.
In return, the company can provide an excellent opportunity coupled with a competitive salary - £23k-£28k + company benefits.
Job Ref: 5717