A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join its team in Oxford on a permanent basis. Based within the technology function, you will take a primary focus on research projects by designing, synthesising and analysing novel compounds whilst working on new/next generation chemical products.
Synthetic Organic Chemist Responsibilities:
- Use your knowledge to take on a range of technical challenges through the development of new additives.
- Synthesise, analyse and perform test procedures of new components.
- Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes.
- Communicate with internal and external contacts/parties.
- Participate in project teams and to present results and conclusions to the wider team.
- Oversee the maintenance of lab equipment.
Synthetic Organic Chemist Requirements:
- You must have a degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study.
- Possess experience operating within a commercial R&D laboratory performing organic/chemical synthesis.
- Ability to take an objective view of technical problems and address them with creativity and innovation.
- Strong technical competencies including data manipulation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to develop personal relationships with team colleagues.
In return, you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 5752