A leading consumer goods company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Manager to support its food division. As Technical Manager, you will liaise with senior technical personnel at both retailers and manufacturing suppliers worldwide and be responsible for all snacking products. To be considered, you must have proven experience in food technical product development and ideally retail or retail supplier experience.
The role will also involve travel to various locations around the world to attend factory trials, pre-production and product launches and to meet with customers.
- Technical management position responsible for all snacking products
- Preparation of product specifications, web based and word based
- Check product artwork, packaging and labelling and would need a working knowledge of UK food legislation
- Work closely with the NPD team to ensure all technical requirements are applied during the NPD process and new launches
- Regulatory compliance
- Setting performance testing requirements and standard setting
- Travel to various locations attending factory trials, pre-production and product launches
- Proven record of food technical product development and delivery to market
- Retail or retail supplier experience and/or brand development experience
- Preferred degree educated in food or similar
- Good working knowledge of Quality Management Systems, HACCP, BRC, Allergen Controls, Ethical Requirements, Internal Auditing, third party and retailer accreditation systems and Codes of Practice is essential
What they offer:
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- 23 days holiday per annum, increasing to 24 after the first year and 25 after 2 years’ service
- Extensive benefits programme including buying additional holiday, medical cash plan and many other features.
- Great training and progression opportunities
- Yearly bonus structure (based on company targets)
- Social events
Job Ref: 6285