An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Advisor to join a market leader in building products and materials. As the Technical Sales Advisor you will advise customers on best use and application of products and visit clients to discuss problems and opportunities for new products.
The successful candidate will hold a degree in a technical subject or have proven experience in the construction and remedial sector and will ideally have knowledge and experience of building products and construction methods.
Technical Sales Advisor Responsibilities:
- To advise customers as to the selection and best use of Waterproofing products
- The potential to visit key existing and new customers to discuss problems and opportunities for new products
- To liaise and inform potential customers on the application and use of existing and newly developed products in the remedial and waterproofing areas.
- Location will be office based in Horsham with some occasional travel in the South East
- Dealing with customers from all channels entering sales orders and updating company CRM.
- Handling customer enquiries in a quick and efficient manner look to upsell and cross sell opportunities and dealing with complaints and courier enquiries where required.
- Requirement for some outbound calls following up customers to get the sale escalating to Business Development or field-based sales where required.
Technical Sales Advisor experience required:
- Degree in a numerate/scientific subject preferably involving materials or construction or a background in the construction/remedial industry
- Knowledge and experience of building materials
- Good people skills with excellent communication both written and verbal
- Ability to question effectively and fully understand a customer requirement
- Methodical organised and show attention to detail
- Multi tasker
- Driving license
Role: Technical Sales Advisor
Package: £20 000 - £25 000 Contributory pension up to 5% 23 days holiday
Hours: Mon-Fri permanent 37.5 Hours working week
Sector: Engineering / Chemical / Manufacturing / Scientific /
Job Ref: 6511