A growing biotech company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced PCR Scientist to join its Technical Support team. Your role will be split evenly between R&D projects and providing technical support (both on-site and remotely) to customers. To be considered you must be an experienced molecular scientist with strong PCR skills. Given you will be directly in contact with clients you must have strong communication skills and confident in your ability to troubleshoot technical queries. Due to travel requirements you must have a full driving license and your own vehicle.
The role of technical support and R&D scientist (PCR) supports two functions. The expected split between the functions is 50:50;
- Technical support: Advanced PCR application support and software support for company products to customers and colleagues. A crucial role in the overall customer experience requiring effective troubleshooting skills and excellent customer service.
- R&D: Design and development of PCR kits from concept to release. This part of the role requires significant experience in the design of PCR and the challenges that accompany this.
- Providing high-quality technical support for PCR products and the company software to customers and colleagues.
- Handling 2nd level PCR support issues in a professional manner.
- Providing training to colleagues and customers about the correct use of the PCR products and the company software.
- Testing/validating beta-versions of company software & contributing to the further development of the Software.
- Supporting R&D in the design and development of PCR kits.
- Writing revising and implementing:
- Procedures policies and standards to improve efficiency of PCR support and to ensure a positive customer care experience.
- Documentation to support the R&D development and transfer to production process.
- Processing and analysing results and data.
- To perform other duties as required by the business.
- Significant experience in the molecular field including strong PCR experience
- Degree in life science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Willingness to travel (app 30%).
- Comfortable presenting information to a wide audience.
- Strong communication skills
Job Ref: 6450