A leading pharmaceutical company requires an experienced Production Technician to join the team on a 6 month contract at their Surrey manufacturing facility. You must have previous experience working in a manufacturing environment, ideally within a pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device company.
This opportunity works on the following 2 week rotating shift pattern:
5.30am – 14:00pm
13.30pm – 22:00pm
To manufacture bio-pharmaceuticals, intermediates and other products to defined standards of quality, cGMP and safety under the guidance of the cleanroom lead.
To operate manufacturing equipment and completion of manual and automatic processes as trained and instructed for the manufacture of pharmaceutical and medical device products.
All activities are to be completed with maximum safety, quality, efficiency and adherence to GMP standards.
- To ensure that the manufacturing facility and the activities that take place within it are all compliant with cGMP and EHS regulations, at all times.
- To proactively support the production team to meet the manufacturing schedule.
- Efficient completion of manufacturing tasks and adherence to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Quality Records (QRs) and Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs)
- To perform and record cleaning of process equipment and plant in accordance with relevant documentation and procedures
- Participate in the generation, completion and review of such documentation when required, to agreed timelines.
- To conduct accurate batch manufacturing data collection activities and ensure such data collection tools are maintained at all times.
- To document all EHS incidents and cGMP events to agreed timelines using the required business systems. To participate in subsequent root cause investigations and perform corrective and preventative activities that may be assigned.
- Carry out quality and safety audits as directed by the Shift Leader
- To carry out material handling duties as dictated by the operation in a safe and appropriate manner
- To assist in the development and training of themselves and other production personnel in accordance with approved/agreed training modules.
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for colleagues
- Ensuring that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and in accordance with company values.
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as required by the Line Manger.
Education and Experience
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment that employs a quality system (cGMP, ISO9001).
- A good understanding of cGMP and EHS practices.
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles is desirable.
Salary £11.80 per hour - 6 month contract
Job Ref: 5803