A globally renowned chemical organisation is currently recruiting for a Test Engineer to join its Mechanical team at the state of the art Berkshire facility. As Test Engineer you will play a vital role in designing and developing tests that will produce performance data to meet R&D objectives – whist having the ability to comply with all ISO quality systems.
This fantastic opportunity will suit a BEng qualified Mechanical Engineer coupled with hands on experience within a laboratory testing environment – preferably related the automotive market.
Test Engineer Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and/or upgrading test apparatus (rigs/cells) as required processing and validating test data and tracking test severity.
- Design and develop tests that produce performance data to meet the objectives of internal/external customer programs.
- Run a suite of mechanical tests and report results.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the company’s technology customer needs and industry direction.
- Maintain safe work practices and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Comply with all ISO and quality system requirements with an emphasis on continuous improvement.
- Maintain productive relationships with team members internal and external customers.
- Prepare written technical reports and make oral presentations internally and externally as necessary.
Test Engineer Requirements
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience operating within a laboratory testing environment – preferably related to the automotive industry.
- Understanding of PID Control.
- Experience with design construction and commissioning of test cells rigs or other research tools is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to run projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work productively in cross functional team situations.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary accompanied with a generous benefits package and on-going career development.
Job Ref: 6541