An opportunity has arisen for a test technician to join a leading packaging and materials testing organisation at its state of the art facility in Leatherhead, Surrey. As a test technician you will perform a range of physical tests on applications and packaging materials, writing reports and delivering test results customers. As you develop within this role there will be opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and provide a further consultative service to key customers.
To be successful as a test technician you should ideally hold a relevant degree within a materials science, engineering, physics or related discipline and possess commercial testing experience within a laboratory or engineering environment.
Test Technician Responsibilities:
- Utilise specialist testing knowledge and a basic understanding of underlying scientific principles to deliver high quality and efficient testing.
- Prepare, write and deliver test result reports to customers.
- Develop solutions to routine testing technical and equipment based problems.
- Records clear, concise and accurate testing data and results utilising lab worksheets.
- Communicates with and supports project managers throughout the project process and supports project managers with development of reports.
- Undertakes sample handling and laboratory housekeeping activities, and equipment maintenance and repair.
Test Technician Requirements:
- Hold a relevant degree within an engineering, materials science, physics or closely related discipline.
- Possess commercial testing experience within a laboratory or engineering environment is essential.
- Report writing
- High attention to detail and practical ability.
- Must be an analytical thinker with strong commercial awareness.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills are essential.
Conpetitive Salary + Benefits - Private healthcare – Pension - 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays - Flexible working hours
Job Ref: 5738