A world leading speciality chemical manufacturing business is currently seeking a Toxicologist to join their team in Oxfordshire, on a permanent basis. As toxicologist, you will play important role in conducting hazard and risk assessments for the company’s products whilst having the ability to liaise closely with regulatory consultants globally.
This role will suit a chemistry degree qualified professional with experience gained within industry, completing toxicology and regulatory support to new product development/existing products worldwide.
- Conducting hazard and risk assessments for our products to ensure they are manufactured, handled and used appropriately.
- Interfacing with contract test laboratories, setting up and monitoring studies required for regulatory notification schemes such as REACH, China New Chemical Substances regulation etc.
- Liaising with regulatory consultants in different countries to deliver global projects
- Monitoring regulatory and scientific developments in key areas of toxicology and reporting back to the business functions on the impacts for our products
- Providing expert toxicology advice to leaders.
- Representing the company within industry trade associations.
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or closely related field of study coupled with a post-graduate qualification in Toxicology.
- Good knowledge of organic chemistry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to convey and interpret complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Working knowledge and experience of regional & global chemical regulations (REACH, China TSCA).
- Experience with interpretation and application of GHS would be beneficial.
- Excellent problem solving skills and understanding of the interconnectivity of regulatory data and good judgement in interpreting complex situations.
In return the company can provide a fantastic opportunity to develop a range of valuable skills related to Toxicology, coupled with a competitive salary package + bonus + pension + healthcare
Job Ref: 5837